Yep, after just one day. My nanny was told not to give G fruit, so she didn’t. Instead she gave him raisins. Sigh… and some cereal. We have about 1/3 box left and I won’t be buying any more. I plan to make Sarah’s cereal for my older son and G can have some, too. The one I have is GF and organic: peanut butter balls. Not that good, I know…
I realized that doing intro for G was just not realistic. I would not get the nanny’s support, I would be super stressed out and G was already stressed out due to DH leaving. So I scrapped it. I’m basically doing intro foods for him, as always, just not stages, per se. I’m giving him a ferment every morning and evening: this morning it was SK. He’s also had pickle juice and whey. I’m going to start him on kefir. My focus will definitely be broth, ferments and probiotics (eventually). I just bought a yogurt maker so I’m going to make my own yogurt and quit buying Stonyfield (too much sugar).
Just finished lunch. I’m stuffed!! I had about 3 tbsp of EVOO with my lunch – yay!! I don’t think I have mentioned that I’ve been having a daily BM for days now!! No more enemas!! I would still like to have 2-3 BMs a day but this is a start. I’m still debating whether to get digestive enzymes or probiotics. For now I’m doing ferments, water and dairy kefir. Here’s my plan for G in more detail:
- more broth: he’s already having a broth-based soup for lunch. I’m hoping to get him to drink more at dinner, too.
- ferments: plan is to give him some for breakfast and dinner. Maybe I can even get the nanny to give him some at lunch. He loves SK and pickles. I’m going to try a mild kimchi as well (the one I have now would be too spicy). Kefir is another step – he has tried both water and dairy kefir and seems to be OK with both.
- probiotics: I have Udo’s Choice now and will add that in in a few days. I will probably do Custom Probiotics when I order it for myself later on.
- fermented fish: I bought some wild salmon and will ferment it over the weekend. I love it and G ate several pieces when I made it for my intro.
- all other intro stuff: avocado, pancakes, juice – he’s already doing all this.
I think it’s a pretty good plan. It’s very similar to mine! Once we finish cookies and cereal he should be having no more illegals until DH gets back. Hopefully he’ll be so focused on cleaning up his health that he won’t be feeding G bread!!
G just went down. He kept asking for SK tonight – he must have had at least 1/4 cup. He loves it!! I’m off to bed. Feel good about my plan. Made some soup for tomorrow: 1/2 broth, 1/2 tomato puree with veggies mixed in: zucchini, squash, green beans plus some pate. Yum!! G loves soup and will eat just about anything I come up with. Work was busy but I’m almost caught up so things should go back to normal by tomorrow. Good night…
B: scrambled eggs with ghee and butter, 1 tbsp EVOO, pancakes (with zucchini), sausage
L: veggie soup with pate and 1 tbsp EVOO, fish and zucchini/squash poached in broth with 2 tbsp EVOO, kimchi, kefir/kefired cream, cherries, water kefir, 1/2 carrot muffin with butter
D: crockpot beef in lard, onion in lard, cauliflower, ground beef casserole, SK, kefired cream (I used it like a condiment), PB/AB/butter combo, 1/4 apple